Established in 1970, the Financial Management Association International (FMA) is a global leader in developing and disseminating knowledge about financial decision making. FMA's mission is to broaden the common interests between academicians and practitioners, provide opportunities for professional interaction between and among academicians, practitioners and students, promote the development and understanding of basic and applied research and of sound financial practices, and to enhance the quality of education in finance.
FMA's members include finance practitioners and academicians and students who are interested in the techniques and advances which define the field of finance. Consistent with this mission, the members of FMA share the following values and beliefs:
- Professional integrity is a critical component of quality research, education and practice.
- Respect, understanding, and appreciation of the diverse needs and interests of others are necessary to achieve mutually beneficial interaction among academicians, practitioners and students.
- Free and open discourse and interaction among academician, practitioners, and students are essential to the origination and evaluation of new ideas and the improvement of financial decision making.
- Open governance, broad-based participation, and continuous improvement in quality of services are critical to achieving FMA International's mission.
Financial Management Association International is to be the global leader in developing and disseminating knowledge about financial decision making.
FMA International is to serve the global finance community by:
- Broadening the common interests between academics and practitioners.
- Providing opportunities for professional interaction between and among academics, practitioners and students.
- Promoting the development and understanding of basic and applied research and of sound financial practices.
- Enhancing the quality of education in finance.
Shadow Financial Committee Statements
In partnership with each of the Financial Regulatory Committees, FMA lists statements for US, Asia and Europe for its members. Click here for more information.
To view the Terms and Conditions under which you may use FMA's website & our Privacy Policies, please click here.